We also stopped in Malibu because it isn't too far from Simi Valley, where the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library is located. I have never been to a Presidential library, so I was up for it.
Life-sized statues of President and Mrs. Reagan great you at the entrance to the exhibit space.
One wing of the facility is the library and archives; the other wing is exhibit space. Ronald Reagan's story is told in one-sided fashion, but I suspect this is typical of most Presidential library exhibit spaces.* I will have to visit more Presidential libraries to find out. I did learn quite a bit about Reagan's early life, and found it interesting. Did you know he majored in economics?
The best part of the facility was a huge building that houses Air Force One, the one used by several Presidents including Reagan. The windows, which can be opened, look out over Simi Valley.
This area is often used for special events. We visited on Valentine's Day, and tables were set for members and others who bought tickets for the evening.
My favorite part of the Reagan library was the covey of California quail on the Presidential lawn! Very appropriate, somehow, as it is the California state bird.
At the end of the day, we enjoyed another sunset over the Pacific Ocean.
*Because this is not a political blog, I refrain from political commentary. Don't ask.








1 comment:
And the house of Charlie Harper, the hedonistic jingle writer????
Post a Comment