Motorhomes automatically come equipped with interesting latches to help with travel. For the refrigerator, we have one that drops down from the top:
For the shower door, another type:
And for the sliding glass doors on the clothes closet:
The bird cage is held down with four bungee cords, and I tie their toys to the sides of the cage with twisties.
I have learned that it is better not to have shelves or drawers half full. They should be full or empty, there is no in between. This includes refrigerator shelves.
I empty the microwave of everything, including the turning plate, with the exception of a roll of paper towels which we use at lunchtime while on the road.
All tables and counters are cleared, of course. Toiletries go in cabinets. The hand soap goes in the sink.
As to the shower, the shower seat comes down, the shower head goes to the floor, along with shampoo etc, and my small plant travels in there as well.
And we flush the toilet dry, and close the lid. Fascinating stuff, huh?
Under the coach are four jacks that keep the motorhome level and stable while we are in the campground and the slides are out. Those come up after we bring in and lock into place the slides that extend the living space.
Finally, we close and lock the passenger door. I feel like a flight attendant as I walk down the aisle, checking to make sure every drawer and cabinet door is latched.
We tow a jeep, but that is a post for another day.




4 comments:
Finally got your posts!!!!
I don't know what kind of toilet you have. My Thetford needs water above the flapper to keep odors from entering the coach. If I turned the water off and then flushed to empty the bowl, atmospheric pressure in the blackwater tank would push odors out. Of course, there are chemicals that neutralize those odors but I don't like them for their environmental impact. I just keep water in the bowl.
Jeffrey F. in wintery Pennsylvania
You know, we do the same kinds of things with our Aliner camping trailer. However, since our Aliner is only 12 x 8', I'm guessing it takes us less time.
Dan
Regarding the comment on the toilet above: Our Winnebago RV had a mechanical toilet where it was necessary to keep some water in the toilet to block the odor from the tank below. Our new RV has an electric toilet that has a masterizer in it, that seems also to block odors, so it is okay to empty the toilet of water. I'm not sure how it works, but we just follow the directions.
Post a Comment