Sunday, February 2, 2014

Preparations

Preparing for an 8-month trip is, as you can imagine, a lot of work.  We spent three days cleaning the motor home, and then another couple of days packing.  The RV was in our driveway for 3 days, and then Lee drove it to a local campground.  We continued taking things back and forth for another couple of days, and even then I forgot a couple of items.  Little things, that we can purchase on the way.


I then spent two days cleaning the house, so my sister wouldn't have to clean up after us.  She will be house sitting for several months while we are away.  Thank you, Corinne!  One less thing to worry about. 

I will miss Corinne and her kitties, Misa and Greystone.  Sweet cats, with all their peculiarities.  Bye!  We will see you in several months.  Will you remember us?








The good news is that, just as I predicted, California got it's first good rain of the season the day of our departure.  Northern California will have more, I am certain, as we move south.  Good weather seems to come along with us, and bad weather follows us.  In the case of California, bad weather is really good weather, since California REALLY needs rain this year.

Some of you may wonder if Beanie and Barney, the parakeets, will be traveling with us.  The answer is Yes!  And they seem to be very excited about it.  In the house, they were relegated to the bedroom, for warmth and to stay safe from Misa and Greystone.  In the motor home, they are with their humans again, their flock, and seem quite content!


I write this from Monterey, our first stop going south.  Our trip will follow a route we have taken before, so I may focus on things other than location.  My next post, I believe, will be about how we prepare for travel.  It takes us about an hour to "batten down the hatches" before taking off, to I will let you in on all the juicy details.

1 comment:

turquis said...

I'm following you in my dreams...Dorothy

Post a Comment