It's a great town for people watching, dog watching (it is very dog-friendly) and window shopping (yum!):
Even the public library is charming! (I happen to know, through insider information, that this is a very coveted place to work.)
Some people consider the Carmel Beach, at the bottom of the main street, the prettiest in California, with fine white sand. One can even see the Pebble Beach golf course from here! I had never seen the beach, so on this trip we finally checked it out.
I love the iconic Monterey cypress found here:
The homes in Carmel are interesting too. Some look as if hobbits might live in them! Maybe they do!
Some are more Mediterranean:
It is an eclectic mix, but all are expensive, even by California standards.
In the late afternoon we drove to the far end of the beach, and found a pond with coots and buffleheads. This male bufflehead is preparing to dive, which they do frequently at mealtime. Lee had a difficult time catching a bufflehead above the water!
After a couple dozen tries, Lee finally got a good shot. Isn't he a beauty?













5 comments:
Eileen. If you are still in the area check out the overwintering monarch butterflies in pacific grove just a few miles away
Sigh...I love to see those gardens with flowers blooming...Snowing here again. 22.000 people are without power for the fifth day in the tree laden counties around here.
lovely!
I'm totally checking to see if there are openings at that Public Library... AMAZING!!
Looks like Lee photographed a bufflehead. (That's the duck.)
Cute little fellow! (I'm still referring to the duck.)
It's too funny that some people think tape is made from these birds.
: - )
Jeffrey in PA
Post a Comment